DuoPhile.com

New Year's Resolution: Obey Edition

The place for general discussion of all things Turbo Grafx / PC Engine / Duo related.
jtucci31

New Year's Resolution: Obey Edition

Postby jtucci31 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:27 am

The new year is upon us...yay...! :roll:

As disappointing as New Year's Resolutions can sometimes be, why not make a Turbo related resolution to fulfill? Play more, clear more, hoard more, go to more turbo related meet ups, or just beat that one game that's been giving you trouble.

My resolution is to clear at least 10-15 new turbo games this year. I play a lot of my games, and often, but I don't always get through them sadly. Figure I should push myself to beat some more of my games. Rpg's, shooters, platformers, homebrew, maybe Energy.

Anyone else planning on doing anything similar? Or maybe just game related? Could also be a non-game related resolution. I'd like to hear 'em. I wish everyone the best!

Paddyfitz18

Re: New Year's Resolution: Obey Edition

Postby Paddyfitz18 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:43 pm

I definitely want to make another turbo-related meet up this year. It would be awesome to do the trifecta of TurboFest events. I have to go to at least one. Those are some good times.

nullity

Postby nullity » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:37 am

Great thread idea, tucci. After careful consideration, I've decided:

1. Attend MGC, even if I have to hitch hike.
2. Ship all pending shipment thingies to people from that "other" site.
3. Play more, buy less.

This is my plan for the year. :D

jtucci31

Postby jtucci31 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:42 pm

I always try to stick to Number 3 when I feel I've been buying a lot. But it's hard to pass up a deal. At the very least though, like you said, I'll try to buy less. And obviously playing more is one of my Obey Resolutions.

I really hope MGC is in the works for me. That won't be too easy but I want to go, so I'll try making it happen. Any and all meetups are something i want to at least try to go to.

Oh and please do ship that stuff :D

Paddyfitz18

Postby Paddyfitz18 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Well, I wouldn't hold it against you all if you do some more buying. Better you than a lot of folks buying this stuff these days. Just my impression from what I've seen in various social media and forums and etc., we have gotten to the point where people who never even played one game on the system are trying to get in and collect, asking around to know the people who will offer them the best stuff at below fair market value prices.

I mean there will always be those solid fans around, but man there are so many "collector/investors" these days. Sort of like sports memorabilia, I'm sure there are some people who are just big fans of a certain team or players or have some other honest reason to be interested in the hobby, but it also draws in some of the seediest people society has to offer.

So anyway, if you have some expendable income and come across some good deals, more power to you if you buy up some more stuff. Better you guys than some undesirable getting their filthy paws on it.

Scruffles

Postby Scruffles » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:08 pm

my resolution is 1366 X 768
Zing! Well, since gaming has once again gotten between me and more important facets of my life, I'm gonna do my best to eliminate certain parts of it (gaming, that is... not my life, ya dick). I think I'm gonna get rid of my playstations (2 & 3 message me if interested), at least until persona 5 comes out. That way I will have at least 1 less distraction this year. I suppose once things are back in order, I can get back to those screenshots/reviews that I said I'd work on over a year ago... I'd really like to see the site updated more frequently, and since nullity's had so much going on this year, I feel like i should step up and be more active so this place doesn't get stagnant... Before Christmas, we almost matched the record number of users in the chat (I think the record is 8[?] and we had 7) which isn't really a big deal, but it's pretty awesome to me... I'd like to see that kind of thing happen more often, so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to speak your mind. (no butt stuff) Anyway, this is extremely late (as usual) but happy holidays, and thanks for being the biggest part of duophile.

jtucci31

Postby jtucci31 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:04 pm

Well said scruffles. I'd definitely like to see more activity here. It's a cool place, and I haven't been on chat lately. End of the year was busy. But one other resolution I forgot about is to finish those game descriptions for Null. Get the site one step closer to being great.

@paddyfitz- You're right . I'll have to buy as much as humanly possible so no one else gets it. Any and all money must go towards Turbo!! :D

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:21 pm

I resolve to beat the first stage of R-Type.

Just kidding, I'm going to do something achievable like collect the full set of sealed games for TG-16.

Paddyfitz18

Postby Paddyfitz18 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:08 am

jtucci31 wrote: I'll have to buy as much as humanly possible so no one else gets it. Any and all money must go towards Turbo!! :D

Heh, damn straight !

nullity

Postby nullity » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Paddy! Good to see you around! Stop by chat, amigo. :D

Next

Return to Turbo Talk