DuoPhile.com

INtroduction Thread!

The place for general discussion of all things Turbo Grafx / PC Engine / Duo related.
spambot

Re: INtroduction Thread!

Postby spambot » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:48 pm

I am Spambot Beep Bloop Bleep
I am here to steal your interwebs and eat some cheese

roflmao

Postby roflmao » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Hey all! I'm roflmao over at the pcenginefx forums. This site is looking awesome, nullity!

kiketonto

Postby kiketonto » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:14 am

Hello! I met this page at pcenginefx.com.
I like your page, nullity, great design!
Right now, I'm reading some scans.
Greetings!

syphic

Postby syphic » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:46 pm

nullity wrote:Welcome aboard, syphic! Glad to see you here. Have any other crazy-rare finds like the recent Vistar 16 you recently picked up?

There's a few goodies on their way! I'll post em here first!

nullity

Postby nullity » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:09 am

FiftyQuid wrote:This place looks nice enough. Maybe I'll dig in a little bit. I see a nice corner to set up my 4 sale thread. :)

Oh, hi everyone!

Thanks, Fifty, and thanks for stopping by. By all means, dig in and sell some wares! :)

spambot wrote:I am Spambot Beep Bloop Bleep
I am here to steal your interwebs and eat some cheese

Heh, good to see you, amigo. Did you stop by for just the cheese, or are you going to stick around a learn a bit about the TG16? Science knows the web ain't gonna surf itself. ;)

roflmao wrote:Hey all! I'm roflmao over at the pcenginefx forums. This site is looking awesome, nullity!

Good to see you, rofl! I'm glad you like how it turned out. I'll be addressing some of the items you mentioned about font colors soon; thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

kiketonto wrote:Hello! I met this page at pcenginefx.com.
I like your page, nullity, great design!
Right now, I'm reading some scans.
Greetings!

Hi Kiketonto. Thanks for visiting! It is good to hear that someone is getting some use out of the scans. I'll try to keep you in fresh supply. I have lots of scans left to upload. 8-)

syphic wrote:
nullity wrote:Welcome aboard, syphic! Glad to see you here. Have any other crazy-rare finds like the recent Vistar 16 you recently picked up?

There's a few goodies on their way! I'll post em here first!

That would rock! I'm actually adding a new field to the games database to designate titles as unreleased or prototype-only games. I wonder where I'll find info to test with? (:

esteban

Postby esteban » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:34 am

nullity

Postby nullity » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 am

Esteban! Comrade! I'm honored to have a fellow old-mag-archeologist among us. :D Thanks for visiting. Things here have changed a bit over the last couple of months, no?

FiftyQuid

Postby FiftyQuid » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:37 am

Is it just me or is quoted text near impossible to read?

nullity

Postby nullity » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 am

I made some changes last night; your browser may still have the old style sheets cached. Do a CTRL+F5 to force all styles/images to update from the server rather than just pulling from the local cache. If they're still hard to read, I'd like to know what browser you're using and maybe even get a screenshot if you don't mind. I've been trying to clean up all the style stuff now that people are actually using the boards a bit. ( :

Arjak

Postby Arjak » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Hello, everyone! It's always nice to see another place to discuss my favorite underdog system!

Nullity, this is a fine-looking website. I can't wait to see it grow!

Scruffles wrote:hello everyone,
I see y's, but I played one version on the snes waaaaay back when and didn't care for it. I may check out one of the others that weren't ported for nintendo. Anyway, if anyone has any rpg reccomendations that might convince me of these consoles' epicness, shoot me a message or something.

It sounds like the one you played was Ys 3: Wanderers from Ys, which is pretty widely regarded among series fans as one of the worst in the series. I'll never understand why it was the one most widely released in America at the time. Most of the other games are FAR better, so definitely give them a try.

Also, a few Ys games were recently released here for the PSP, so if you have one, definitely give those a look. The Turbo versions are quite good as well, though, and they're different enough to warrant playing both if you find yourself hooked.

PreviousNext

Return to Turbo Talk