DuoPhile.com

INtroduction Thread!

The place for general discussion of all things Turbo Grafx / PC Engine / Duo related.
nullity

Re: INtroduction Thread!

Postby nullity » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:28 am

Hey man, welcome aboard. Glad you came by, and I hope to see you in the chat sometime!

spenoza

Postby spenoza » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Hey all. I am a long-time Turbo fan, but not a monogamous one. I love all my retro consoles and games across many systems.

I first got into the Turbo back when the price first dropped to $99.99 for the base console, but before Bonk was the pack-in. I owned that system, and eventually a CD-ROM attachment (best Christmas present ever, even to this day), original Shadoff Kisado, Arcade Card, and a copy of Dracula X that I bought new in Japan during a 3-week visit up until my sophomore year in college. Then I traded everything to a Turbo List member for a kitted-up Saturn rig. I still have that Saturn, but I miss my first Turbo.

Now days I have a Duo, a small collection of games, and a 6-button pad in my stable of consoles. It remains, however, tied in first place for favorite console, with the Saturn and Dreamcast. Yeah, it's a three-way tie for first. The podium is really just a bench or something.
Hebba hubba zut zut
a num num

nullity

Postby nullity » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:29 pm

Hey spenoza, thanks for joining! I understand the "podium bench" thing... I've got a few consoles up there... tg16, pce, duo, etc... All tied! ( ;

elderbroom

Postby elderbroom » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Hello,

Just coming over from PCEngineFX where I saw this linked in Nullity's signature. Loved the look, and content of this site .. so wanted to get in on the Duo-Action.

I was a member at PCEngineFX for 8 years technically, but with a 6.5 year absence in the middle :lol: But recently back in the last 2-3 months as I've finally pushed into a phase of my life that I can return to my Gaming hobby. Turbo Grafx 16 was my best memory, and most nostalgic console of my teenage years.

After selling one console to buy the next new shiny one .. I've since been recollecting everything from my youth, and more. So have a TG-16, SGX, TG Express, PCE GT and Turbo Everdrive now, and working a deal that will hopefully see me add a Duo-R by this time next week. My 7 year old daughter is currently loving Bonk's Adventure, and Cratermaze.

I also have Atari 2600, NES (model 1&2), SNES (model 1&2), Famicom, Super Famicom, N64 (smoke and grape), GameCube, Wii, Wii-U, Sega Master System, Genesis (model 1&2) Sega CD, 32X, Dreamcast, (NEC consoles listed above), XBOX, XBOX 360, XBOX One, Vectrex, PS1 and PS3 (sorry no PS2 or PS4 .. was Microsoft fanboy I guess)

* I don't collect boxed, as I don't have that kind of money. I play everything I collect .. and only buy what I plan to keep in my personal collection. Avoid eBay, and striking out in local Game Stores lately, as they are all charging insane prices. So Ever Drives might be my new best friends.

Only ~two consoles I am actively collecting for are TG-16/PCE and Vectrex. Everything else, have most of the affordable titles that I had growing up.

I am in the middle of building a Nintendo Playchoice 10 fullsize arcade machine, and restoring two fullsize Skeeball alleys (making very slow progress .. due to, lazy!)

Thanks, Elderbroom
--------------------------
Elderbroom

nullity

Postby nullity » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Welcome aboard, elderbroom! Glad to hear you're getting your game back on (with a vengeance it seems!) Was it fatherhood that got you out of gaming for a bit? I'm going through a spell of that myself, but as my boys get older I have more and more time to game. (:

You definitely need to share pics of your home arcade once you get the cab & skee ball all set up! And thanks for the kind words about the site. Hope to see you around, maybe catch you in the chat sometime.

elderbroom

Postby elderbroom » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:33 pm

deleted post
Last edited by elderbroom on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------
Elderbroom

johnnymad

Postby johnnymad » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:26 pm

Hey everybody, another new member here. Found about about this forum on PCEnginefx as well. I never had a Turbo as a kid but always wanted one. Picked one up a couple years ago and have compiled a HuCard collection of 20 or so games. I region modded it about a month ago and have started looking into PCE games. Recently picked up a DUO so I've also been looking into CD games.

Excited to get involved on this forum. Really loving the info given for each game and will add my input to the games I get a chance to play. Hope to converse with you guys and soak up as much info as I can.

nullity

Postby nullity » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:52 pm

Hey Johnny, glad you stopped by! Sounds like you've got a nice collection started. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new games you experience. :D

johnnymad

Postby johnnymad » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:21 pm

nullity wrote:Hey Johnny, glad you stopped by! Sounds like you've got a nice collection started. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new games you experience. :D

Favorite so far is Galaga '90. Grew up playing it in arcades and the Turbo version does not disappoint. Graphics look amazing on my new DUO and sound is great even though it's mono at the moment. Running through a Commodore 64 monitor I picked up at a thrift store. Will start looking for a PVM. Probably already ran across one while game hunting but had no clue what it was. :(

roflmao

Postby roflmao » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:37 pm

It's nice to see a steady stream of newcomers here!

Now I need to visit more often. :oops:

PreviousNext

Return to Turbo Talk