DuoPhile.com

INtroduction Thread!

The place for general discussion of all things Turbo Grafx / PC Engine / Duo related.
FrUitCaKe!

INtroduction Thread!

Postby FrUitCaKe! » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:37 pm

I am FrUitCaKe! I have Been collecting Turbografx for a long time. Love NEC consoles

ANd I just want to say:

Big Itching Turbo Consoles Have Every Single heart

Welcome to moderation NUllity!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had tooooooooo! sorry bud
Last edited by FrUitCaKe! on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nullity

Re: INtroduction Thread!

Postby nullity » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Lol... why, thank you kind sir. I shall rule with a big itching iron fist. ( : Thanks for signing up, too. Hope you've had a chance to thoroughly enjoy that TurboForce mag, and thanks for starting the thread that every board needs- i'd completely forgotten to put the welcome mat out for new users!
Last edited by nullity on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PunkicCyborg

Postby PunkicCyborg » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:35 am

Hi I love NEC consoles :D

Scruffles

Postby Scruffles » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:28 pm

hello everyone,
Unlike most of you, I'm not a huge fan of the turbo grafix/16/duo/cd/etc. (yet anyway, a friend's been trying to convince me for years, but I never got around to it when I was younger). So why am I here, you may ask? Eh, some douche bag on facebook asked me to check it out.... same douchebag's supposed to tell me if there were any good rpgs for these things. I see y's, but I played one version on the snes waaaaay back when and didn't care for it. I may check out one of the others that weren't ported for nintendo. Anyway, if anyone has any rpg reccomendations that might convince me of these consoles' epicness, shoot me a message or something.

any chance there'll eventually be a forum for non turbo retro games?

FrUitCaKe!

Postby FrUitCaKe! » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Scruffles wrote:hello everyone,
Unlike most of you, I'm not a huge fan of the turbo grafix/16/duo/cd/etc. (yet anyway, a friend's been trying to convince me for years, but I never got around to it when I was younger). So why am I here, you may ask? Eh, some douche bag on facebook asked me to check it out.... same douchebag's supposed to tell me if there were any good rpgs for these things. I see y's, but I played one version on the snes waaaaay back when and didn't care for it. I may check out one of the others that weren't ported for nintendo. Anyway, if anyone has any rpg reccomendations that might convince me of these consoles' epicness, shoot me a message or something.

any chance there'll eventually be a forum for non turbo retro games?

FAR EAST OF EDEN - all if them

Also turbo YS = wayyyyyyyyyyy better than the Snes version

also Xak, Dragonslayer, Cosmic fantasty, ect ect ect.

testuser

Postby testuser » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:03 am

Hi, I guess I'll have a go at this...

My real name is Test User (imagine the fun i have at the DMV!) and I was born under a double rainbow atop a mountain. The floating disembodied head of Colonel Sanders informed my parents at the time of my birth that it was my destiny to test certain features at DuoPhile.com as a standard user.

I love me some turbobs. My favorite games are Timeball, Deep Blue, and Darkwing Duck, and my role model is Johnny Turbo.
Attachments
mccabe_2.jpg
And enjoy this picture of a bulging capacitor, too.
mccabe_2.jpg (31.14 KiB) Viewed 6875 times
mccabe_1.jpg
Please enjoy this picture of a power supply tester.
mccabe_1.jpg (32.16 KiB) Viewed 6875 times

Scruffles

Postby Scruffles » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:02 pm

hmm, I'll have to make some time one day and check those rpg reccomendations out, right now, I'm mostly excited about far east of eden... isn't that an anime, also?

that's one sexy capacitor. I have to go clear my history now, so my wife doesn't find out I've been looking at nude images of electronic parts.

Hill's is where the toys are.

syphic

Postby syphic » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Whats up! Die hard Turbo guy here!

nullity

Postby nullity » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Welcome aboard, syphic! Glad to see you here. Have any other crazy-rare finds like the recent Vistar 16 you recently picked up?

FiftyQuid

Postby FiftyQuid » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:05 am

This place looks nice enough. Maybe I'll dig in a little bit. I see a nice corner to set up my 4 sale thread. :)

Oh, hi everyone!

Next

Return to Turbo Talk