DuoPhile.com

Stage 6 - hard level, or hardest level?

nullity

Stage 6 - hard level, or hardest level?

Postby nullity » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:05 am

Ok, so I was tearing through this game the other night without much difficulty until I reached stage 6... the level where you're on an elevator like contraption being shuttled up at an angle through what has the appearance of the inside of a giant creature's throat. There are these H.R. Geiger looking critters that shoot at you and can withstand a dozen hits from a fully powered up weapon... the second set of these critters kill me every time.

I've been using the 'wave' weapon which destroys incoming projectiles. Does anyone know if there is a different weapon I should be using, or some other approach to this stage altogether? I already had to abandon one save and start the game over because my weapon wasn't fully powered up at the level's beginning. Now I'm on the brink of abandoning another save to try again with a different weapon... I'd like to do it right this time. :?

Scruffles

Re: Stage 6 - hard level, or hardest level?

Postby Scruffles » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm assuming you were playing this on the original console? If not, post some screens... Jess is a huge fan of HR Giger's art, so that would be get me a little support at home. If you were playing on the actual console though, no worries, I've gotta get around to taking some screenshots soon anyway and I usually work bottom to top anyway.

nullity

Re: Stage 6 - hard level, or hardest level?

Postby nullity » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 pm

I didn't take any screenshots for you, but the level can be seen here:
(go to time 42:54 for the start of the 6th stage)

Turns out it was the last level of the game, and I was able to beat it using the very technique shown in this video (which i didn't find until i'd already cleared the level). If you don't have the 'wave' sword fully powered up, forget about clearing this level. Boss fight at the end is fairly easy, and the ending incredibly short and unfulfilling. ):

Oh, if your special ladyfriend likes Giger, then make her play some Alien Crush. ( :

Return to Valis II