DuoPhile.com

I like VR, and I do not care who knows

majors

I like VR, and I do not care who knows

Postby majors » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:29 pm

I passed on V.Run bitd due to all the great shooters but recently a friend pestered me to try it. Having owned or played most of the "musts" for TG, I've been looking at 2nd and 3rd tier games, especially HuCards. I saw a value priced VR at a con, so I decided to give it a go. After figuring out the play mechanics, I quite enjoy it. It reminds me of Outrun (I also own) but has more too it with the purchase of replacement parts. I do not think it attempts to be more than what it is: a 16-bit racing game...and performs well for it.

I did NOT like Chase HQ/S.C.I. My copies of those two now belong to rotflmao.
---
Majors -=- Wedoca '15

nullity

Re: I like VR, and I do not care who knows

Postby nullity » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Right on, man. I wanted Victory Run before I ever owned a TurboGrafx and kept wanting it even after I got one because, like you, with so many good (or good looking, at least) titles available I always told myself "eh, maybe next time... this time, its DEEP BLUE FTW BABY!"

No matter how much I drooled over screenshots, or gazed into the uncharacteristically nice box art, "Next time" never came. ):

It is good to hear a positive review of the game, because so far I've only ever heard negative comments. "It's too hard... The controls suck... The upgrades don't do diddly squat."

After the kids go to bed tonight, I think I'm going to have to dust off the old Everdrive and take Victory Run out for a test drive. 8-)

-- EDIT 10/26 --
Dude... this game is BRUTAL. ( : I'm going to have to give it another go once my blood pressure drops back down to normal levels, but I'm not sure if I have "the right stuff" to be good at this game. I thought I was doing great each time I played (except for my first try during which my engine and gears broke within 1 minute and left me plodding along at 60kph), but it took me 3-4 attempts to complete the first race, and one more attempt after that to complete it quickly enough to dodge the 'game over' screen.

PunkicCyborg

Postby PunkicCyborg » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:25 pm

This game is crazy tough tough....

Punch

Postby Punch » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:21 am

Only the best can beat Victory Run. My best "record" is to get to level 3. :lol:
is this real life

Return to Victory Run