DuoPhile.com

Ys III: Holy moly the final boss is a pita

roflmao

Ys III: Holy moly the final boss is a pita

Postby roflmao » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:18 pm

So I made it to the final boss in Ys III today and for the life of me I can't beat him. The problem with this boss is you have to defeat *another* boss mere moments before encountering him, and unlike every other boss in the game, you don't regain your health once he's down! And I've tried to go back to the town to get another necklace and healing herb, but it seems impossible. Argh.

Any tips?

Scruffles

Re: Ys III: Holy moly the final boss is a pita

Postby Scruffles » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:37 pm

found the following cheat codes at gamefaqs.com:
Start with 65,535 Exp. and 65,535 Gold ASzz2/DDDDC#C/#C#C#DH/Qgggg/ggf$$$$/$$$$?$$/$$$$$/$$$$$$$/$$$$$$$/$$$$O/##
Top of The Tower, Ready for Last Boss hSzz4/FHzSoao/Z1pZpaG/8G8oa/oYwSwRw/AADdpZp/ddddd/ddddddd/ddddddd/dddd4/FF

Since you already made it to the final boss, I'm not sure how much help they'll be. I'm also not sure how close the actual gameplay is to the snes version, but they don't have a walkthrough/faq for the turbo edition... perhaps this youtube video could be of some help. it's over an hour long, I think the relevant part starts around 45 minutes.

munchiaz

Re: Ys III: Holy moly the final boss is a pita

Postby munchiaz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:56 pm

I actually jut beat this game on Saturday. The end boss sequence is a bit annoying due to having to fight both bosses. After i beat the first boss and went back to town to buy another necklace, i realized that i had to face him again. But the second time i faced him, he only hit me twice. All i did was run up to him, and slash him twice then walked back right out of the lighting range. Mix repeat, and he will go down quick.

Try saving your ring power on that fight so you can use it on the final boss. Once you get to him put on the heal ring. if you run out of ring power, use the potion to recover ring power (can be used 3 times) that should help you last a little longer. I would also suggest letting the necklace go off before deciding to use your herb. Also don't forget to buy the amulet. You can also use that 3 times and it does a good amount of damage.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you had any other questions

Return to Ys III