DuoPhile.com

Persona fans or even modern gamers?

For those few topics that fall outside the world of Turbo Grafx.
Scruffles

Persona fans or even modern gamers?

Postby Scruffles » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Sup guys?
I'm not sure how many of you play modern games, but being as this is the only gaming community I bother to spend time in, I figured I'd ask just in case. Apparently, Sega's acquisition of my favorite game franchise (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) has not in fact, effected them as bad as I expected. When I found out Sega purchased Atlus (i've seen the Atlus logo on a couple of turbo games, so it's pseudo-relevant) I was heartbroken (ok, I don't have a heart, but still). After 5 years of waiting, Atlus finally announced a sequel to Persona 4, as well as about 7 other new releases.

I'm so excited about a few of these projects that I actually want to discuss them, so I had to ask, does anybody else enjoy the Persona series? If you don't know, Persona is a jrpg that typically revolves around Japanese high school students who summon various deities to fight for them in turn based combat. It sounds really cheesy, and I guess in some ways it is, but they're extremely fun. They've become rather successful since the release of (my favorite) Persona 3 which has a truly tragic and realistic ending (for an anime style video game), the likes of which I've seen in only a handful of other games.

Anyway, is anyone else excited about this? Is anyone excited about any modern games at all?

Return to Miscellany