DuoPhile.com

NEC 14, Fighting game tourney (cabs)

For those few topics that fall outside the world of Turbo Grafx.
majors

NEC 14, Fighting game tourney (cabs)

Postby majors » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:49 am

Brought the babies up to Philly for the wknd. Got a little coin for my troubles. It did tho snow, but it wasn't bad the following day when I returned home.

---
Majors -=- Wedoca '15

nullity

Re: NEC 14, Fighting game tourney (cabs)

Postby nullity » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:08 am

You've gotta bring these cabs to KS or MO sometime!!! Rolf and I will have to organize a gaming convention or something. ( : looks like such a good time!

(yes, it would be easier all around for me to just travel to one of these things... and eventually I will! but until then, i'm going to keep pipe dreaming about luring you to this part of the country! haha)

munchiaz

Postby munchiaz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:22 pm

My brother has been to a few of these. I think he said NEC 12 was run really poorly, and won't be going to another one again

majors

Postby majors » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:59 pm

munchiaz wrote: I think he said NEC 12 was run really poorly

I think that is pretty much every tournament save Evo. Part of being able to place at one of these events, is being able to deal with the long waits, late hours and general chaos. Nowadays with streams, it's easier to sit at home and watch.
---
Majors -=- Wedoca '15

munchiaz

Postby munchiaz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 pm

majors wrote:
munchiaz wrote: I think he said NEC 12 was run really poorly

I think that is pretty much every tournament save Evo. Part of being able to place at one of these events, is being able to deal with the long waits, late hours and general chaos. Nowadays with streams, it's easier to sit at home and watch.

To true. Usually now i just go to evo each year. I may make it out to a major in Cali every once in awhile

Return to Miscellany