DuoPhile.com

Bonk

Paddyfitz18

Bonk

Postby Paddyfitz18 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:39 am

So this past weekend I spent rehabbing a Turbografx-16. Just some rudimentary stuff, cleaning, recapping and sticking the logo LED. Anyway I have two foster kids living with me, 5 and 6 years old boys, who of course got really curious about what this Turbo stuff was all about.

So the other night I let them access my TG-16 area and try out some games. After a little while we settled on some Bonk's Revenge, a pretty darn good game that I thought they would get a kick out of on the easier levels. Turns out they loved it. I spent the rest of the time watching them give it a shot, and having to field all sorts of questions about this Bonk guy. Why is his head so big? Why is he wearing that? What does he like to eat? Does he have a family?

Anyway, the result is now they are somewhat obsessed. Amazing that with all the other contemporary video game experiences available to them, all they want to know from me now is, what days of the week are we all going to play Turbografx.

Just doing my part bringing up the next generation in the lifestyle :D

As I said these are foster kids. Should/when they go back to their natural parents, I can only picture their parents' befuddlement when these little dudes ask them for the Bonk trilogy for Christmas.

nullity

Re: Bonk

Postby nullity » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Hahah, I love it! Thanks for sharing your story. Bonk is such a good character for the kids. I have 3 year old twins who, once they discovered Bonk, became Bonk obsessed. Every now and then, one of them will wake up in the morning and the first thing out of their mouth is "Daddy, I wanna play Bonk."

Return to Bonk's Revenge